Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Singing Superstar


As well as Anna getting spoilt at Christmas, I also confess to being rather spoilt by James.

Amongst my wonderful gifts, I was given a Nintendo Wii (my first ever games console!!). I'm not very good at playing video games but there is one game called 'Boogie' that I LOVE. As the title suggests, you basically dance along to the music and earn points if you manage to accompany the beat. As you can imagine, I'm not very good but still shake my not-so-funky stuff as though the world depended on it. Even better than the dancing however, is the Karaoke! Again, you earn points depending on how much you are in tune and it even comes with a fully working microphone. Like the dancing, I am truly awful but that doesn't stop me belting out the songs at high volume (my neighbours must love me!)

I knew Anna wasn't very impressed with my singing voice by the frowns that she gives me every time that I attempt to sing. However, I didn't realise that Anna would show me how it was meant to be done. It didn't take long for Anna to find the microphone in the drawer under the TV screen and it took even less time for her to pull it out.

At every available opportunity, Anna now finds the microphone and sings into it! Her favourite song to sing along to seems to be 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'. Of course, Anna is not familiar with any of the words yet so tends to just make it up as she goes along (very much like her mother does).

I will know it is time to give up trying to sing when Anna starts to earn more points than me which, at this rate, will probably be next week!

3 comments:

Elsie Button said...

what a gorgeous picture! - it seriously does look like she knows exactly what she is doing - a total pro!

Nic said...

I got Wii shoulder at Christmas, trying to play Baseball on Bethy's. Ouch!

And if you want s critique of singing, look no further than my cat - I bet Anna doesn't caterwaul when you start singing...

Nic said...

Me again!

There is a "You make my day" -award button waiting for you in my blog! Go get it and pass it on.