Tuesday, 5 February 2008

You Make My Day

I have just received an award! It is from my friend, Nic, who sent me the 'You Make My Day award. Apparently, she really enjoys my blog and it makes her smile to read it. I am chuffed that Anna makes people smile and, that the embarrassing situations that I find myself in, are causing amusement (I would hate to think that my embarrassment was all for nothing)!
Now that this blog is not 'public', I didn't expect any awards so it has made my day to receive one. These types of award tend to be sent by people within the 'blogging community'' but Nic is actually a real person that I know (rather than a pretend one!!!) as she had the misfortune to teach at the same school as me. In fact, our classrooms were right next to each other, which made it very handy when I was having my daily crisis.

It is only right that, after receiving this award, I should spread the smiles by passing it on to a few more people. I think I am supposed to pass it on to 10 fellow bloggers. However, I only read two... and one of those is Nic who passed it to me. So...

I would like to return the compliment to Nic by giving her a duplicate award. For a 'Teacher on a Break', it is lovely to read all about the on-going highs and lows of an infant classroom! (I have to be honest and say that the knitting posts tend to leave me feeling clueless but still admiring Nic's knitting talent)

The second person who I would like to pass the award to is Elsie Button. Elsie is also a 'primary school teacher on a break' and her daughter, Betty, was born the exact same day as Anna. It is such a relief to find someone who is going through the same events, traumas and highlights as yourself as it just reassures you that you are not going mad, delirious or 'round the twist'.

1 comment:

Nic said...

You were having daily crises? Good grief woman, it was only you who got me through my first year as an Infant teacher.

I promise I will post more about school - but as I only have 18 childem they're all pretty much making progress and no one spends the day sat under a table, it's just not as interesting to write about any more...