Friday, 30 April 2010

'Thought of the Day' by Anna, Aged 3

Last night, I was attempting to wash Anna's hair. This is not Anna's favourite pastime and she was verging on the edge of a tantrum. She began to shout at me that she didn't want her hair washed.

I silently counted to 5 and then said, in my ever so calm and quiet voice 'Anna... shouting isn't very nice is it'?

Anna went from scream to silence in 1 second.

Had my calm and soothing voice actually worked for a change?

Anna then looked at me and, in an equally calm and quiet voice said,

'Well ... having your hair washed and Mummy getting shampoo in your eyes isn't very nice either... is it?'.

There were no words as I was trying to think of a witty or intelligent comeback.

I am still trying to think of one...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My suggestion would be "shut up!". It's always worked for me...
Or else my mum's response was "you've got an answer for everything, haven't you?" to which, of course, there is no answer.