Where has the [Christmas] tree gone?
Where is the Garage?
Where is Daddy?
Where is Daddy's work?
Where is my riding hat? (Long story!!!!)
Where has Mr Tumble gone?
Where is Radio 1?
Where is dancing Dani? (Anna's dancing Teacher)
Where is Thomas' house? (Referring to Thomas the Tank Engine - her new favourite toy!)
Where is the Garage?
Where is Daddy?
Where is Daddy's work?
Where is my riding hat? (Long story!!!!)
Where has Mr Tumble gone?
Where is Radio 1?
Where is dancing Dani? (Anna's dancing Teacher)
Where is Thomas' house? (Referring to Thomas the Tank Engine - her new favourite toy!)
Imagine these questions (and lots more) on a continuous loop for 12 hours and you have a picture of my day today!
Before I start, I must make clear that I am NOT complaining... much! Of course I am very very proud that my daughter is inquisitive, clever, observant and keen to know about the world. I sometimes just get a little baffled, wondering how I can explain that the Christmas tree has gone because it isn't Christmas anymore and why Christmas isn't every day, all in a way that 2 year old can understand.
A typical conversation will usually start while we are eating breakfast and go something like this...
Anna: Where has the tree gone (as Anna points to the vacant empty space where the tree stood)?
Me: It has gone in the garage because it isn't Christmas any more?
Anna: Where has Christmas gone?
Me: Christmas is only once a year when you opened all your presents and it is gone now
Anna: Where has the presents gone?
Me: The presents were under the tree but then you opened all your presents and you play with them now?
Anna: Where is the tree?
Me: It has gone in the garage?
Anna: Where is the garage?
So I then lead Anna out to the garage and explain that Daddy put the tree out here and it is having a rest until next Christmas. For a moment, I actually think that I have satisfied her curiosity and I can get on with cleaning up the breakfast debris until I hear... Where is Daddy? I then find myself explaining all about work and that people have to work and Daddy works in an office and where the office is and where Daddy's' desk is and so on and so on!
This will then continue all day. Deja Vu occurs on an hourly basis as I find myself answering the same questions that I was replying to an hour earlier. My days are certainly never dull!
Apparently last night, James informs me that I was even answering questions in my sleep. 'The tree is in the garage darling. The garage is next to the house. The house is on a street. The street is in Chester...'
James must have woke up and thought I had finally flipped! He might be right!
No comments:
Post a Comment