I have always confessed to being a rubbish driver! However, it was finally confirmed recently when my daughter decided to make it quite clear what she thought about my ability behind the steering wheel as well as turning into a teenager, all in in one single comment.
Last Friday, we found ourselves in a familiar car park. However, due to some building work going on, the usual exit had become blocked and it meant cars were having to ignore a 'No Entry' sign to reach the alternative exit (I think the builders had just expected drivers to use common sense and ignore the said sign). However, being the type of person who never likes to get in trouble (being the sad boring person that I am), I refused to believe that we should ignore a 'No Entry sign'. Ultimately, this resulted in us going in a huge circle around the car park and ending up in the same place with no way of getting out. I drove round in a huge circle FIVE times, telling an increasingly frustrated Anna and James that I couldn't just ignore road signs and there must be some way out of this bloody car park whilst still abiding by the highway code. Cue lots of impatient sighs from Anna and James.
It was on the sixth attempt at trying to find my way out of the car park (resulting in just going round in a big circle again), that Anna reached her peak of frustration and uttered the words...
"Mummy, this is so embarrassing. Just get out of the car park".
I didn't expect to hear that I was an embarrassment until Anna was, at least, 13 years old!!! I don't even know where she got that word from as she hasn't been hanging around any teenagers, as far as I am aware!!
(Thankfully, I came to my senses and ignored the 'No Entry sign' and departed the car park as quickly as possible! If Anna hadn't been so vocal, we may have still been going round in circles even now!)
2 comments:
I don't really know what to comment but just wanted to tell I really enjoy reading Anna's blog :)
Anna is so wonderful and you can write in such an enjoyable way. Miss you all. xxx
Loved this! I have frequently embarassed Henry just by living and breathing, oh yes, and wearing things and of course, saying things and possibly even by thinking things! However my favouite reply is that "Mums have rights too" you really have to hang on to that one. Looking forward to seeing you soon...
Post a Comment