Anna is to star in her first ever Nativity Play. Last week, we had a letter from pre-school saying that there was to be a school play next Friday. I later found out that it is actually the nativity.
I was desperate to find out more so started quizzing Anna but all she could tell me was 'sshhhh... secret from Mummies and Daddies'.
'Well, is there singing' I pestered!
Anna just gave me a sneaky smile and said 'Yes Mummy, there is singing' before refusing to answer any more! However, my detective instincts didn't let me down today. I attended the pre-school coffee morning (translated as 'Let's fleece these poor Mothers for every last penny they have) and there just happened to be a 'cast list' sitting on the table as I leaned over to grab my mug of coffee. I couldn't help it when Anna's name jumped out of the page.
I have found out that Anna is to play an Angel!!!!!!!!!!! How cute is that!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!
This evening, I asked Anna if she was playing an angel. She just looked at me quizzically, trying to work out how I found out, before looking very disapprovingly at me and said "Yes Mummy. I'm an angel. No more". However, she then gave me a full rendition of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' so I am guessing that this may be one of the feature songs of the performance! I fear that the Nativity may last longer than planned due to every time that I clapped at the end of Anna's singing performance, she insisted on singing the entire song again!!
So, next Friday, James and I will be one of those annoying parents, probably sat in the front row, armed with cameras (if allowed due to child protection) and me with my box of tissues. Anna will probably be the one who is walking in the opposite direction to everyone else and stood in the middle of the stage while everyone else has exited right!!! I can't wait!
1 comment:
Why would you be banned from having a camera for "child protection"? Did you throw a camera at a child once?
Post a Comment