Saturday, 16 August 2008

Writer's Block

I am aware of the fact that I have not posted anything on this blog for quite a while now but I don't want friends and family to start worrying that Anna is back in hospital or likewise. Therefore, I am just posting this to say 'Hello... we are here'.

Anna seems OK at the moment although I am terrified of writing that for fear of tempting fate. We continue to take each day as it comes. It has been 5 weeks now, which is the longest we have gone without going back to hospital, since it all started in March so we are trying to keep hold of the positives.

The summer holidays are going well. It gives Anna and me a good opportunity to not race around at 100 miles per hour and catch up with friends (especially teacher friends), which is brilliant. However, I do have to confess that I am missing our clubs and classes a little. Maybe I am becoming one of those mum's who likes to chat about sleep routines and dirty nappies..... NO, NEVER!!!

The only reason that I can fathom for lack of recent posts is writer's block. I can't seem to find the words or the time or the enthusiasm or a combination of all 3!!! That doesn't mean that I am getting bored of my blog (even if I do wonder if anyone is still reading it apart from me!!). I still love writing this little diary-like blog and I enjoy it even more when I think that writing this blog will result in Anna loving it to read when she is older.

Maybe I am just getting too old and far too sensible so that the bizarre and surreal events, that Anna and I used to find ourselves in regularly, don't occur with such frequency anymore and, therefore, I don't have so much to post on this blog! Dare I say it... Maybe life has just become too 'everyday normal'? Maybe Anna is even enjoying the lack of 'embarrassing mummy moments'? However, this is me that we are talking about. James always says ' I have never known anybody that can find themselves in so many bizarre situations as you'. I am sure that normal blogging service will resume shortly!!!

3 comments:

Elsie Button said...

You haven't got writer's block - you just wrote a perfectly good post!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am still reading!

Louise said...

Thank you for still reading!!!! At least, there is one other person out there!!!

PaperDolly Lynn said...

This is really spooky!! at the time this blog entry is marked, we thought we were with you at the model village in Southport!

Have you been able to clone yourself so that you can get more done and literaly "be in two places at the the same time"?

I enjoyed the day on Saturday, perhaps we can do something again soon? I enjoyed Anna's reaction to the little trains and the Wendy house, and Henry getting in the house with her!! At his size!

I love reading your blog, we don't see you nearly as much as I'd like to so it is lovely to read what you get up to. I look at it at least once a week.