Going upstairs and downstairs in our house is taking a very long time at the moment! It is not because Anna takes ages to climb the stairs. In fact, nowadays, she is climbing the stairs as though she is in a race (in which she wins). However, going up stairs is taking so long as Anna insists on playing the 'Who's Who' game at the peak!
We have a framed photo at the top of our stairs, basically showing pictures of close family members. Ever since Anna was born, I have shown her different faces and told them their name. I thought she was getting bored of it recently so we did stop for a while but Anna is now insistent (by making a loud whinging noise if we walk past it without stopping) that we have to stop and play.
The Who's Who' game involves me saying a name and then Anna pointing to the correct person. When she gets it right (points to the person whose name that I have just said), I then give a big 'Woo Hoo', which Anna thinks is very funny! As time has gone by, Anna has become increasingly good at this game so I am shouting 'Woo Hoo' a lot. In fact, she can point to Uncle Phil, Uncle Steve, Uncle Matthew, Auntie Sally, Uncle John, Nanny, Grandad and Grandad Flob every time. She is also practising her names and can say 'Steve' very very well. Uncle John is a very good attempt too but always sounds like 'Ug Jo.' I happened to mention this to John who thought it was so cool that he now has it as his profile status on Facebook. He has only got himself to blame when Anna is 20 years old and still calling him 'Ug Jo'.
To all those family members who have not been mentioned in this post, it doesn't mean that we haven't got photos of you hanging up or that Anna can't identify you from a line-up!! It just means that the photos are too high up the wall for Anna to reach. Therefore, I am currently on a mission to swap the photo's around so Anna can see you and you can be included in the 'Who's Who' game.
Rather worryingly, there is one person in the 'Who's Who' game that Anna gets wrong every time. When I say 'Point to Mummy', Anna points to everyone else except me! Admittedly, in the photo, I am in a wedding dress and my hair is actually looking tidy and in a controlled state, which is different from normal. In the photo, I also don't have Anna's food splattered all down my front or playdough stuck to my elbow! So that is why she can't recognise me... oh dear.
1 comment:
To be fair, Lou, most of us don't recognise ourselves in our wedding photos, all gussied up!
I've tagged you for a meme, can't wait to see if The Ting Tings feature...
Post a Comment